How to Maintain Energy and Avoid the Afternoon Slump
Do you dread the afternoon slump and wish you knew how to maintain
energy throughout your busy day? The afternoon doesn’t have to be the
worst time of the day anymore if you simply incorporate some of these
things into your daily schedule.
Maintain Energy and Be More Productive
- Get up at the same time every day, even if it’s a holiday, weekend,
or your birthday. Your body will become accustomed to this quicker than
- Take a shower as soon as possible after getting out of bed – it’s a great way to wake up and get moving.
- Indulge in a mid-morning snack – a combination of a protein and a
carbohydrate is best for keeping energy levels high and sugar levels on
an even keel.
- Take a walk during your break – outside if possible.
- Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated and alert. If
you’re tired of water, opt a few times a day to drink healthy juices
like pomegranate juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice just for a
- Enjoy a mid-afternoon snack around the same time every day. Again,
opt for a combination of a protein and a carbohydrate together. A great
example is cottage cheese and a slice of whole grain toast.
- Follow the same night time ritual every night before going to bed.
Take a relaxing shower or bath if you like. Read a good book or listen
- Get into bed at the same time each night regardless of the day of the week.
If you’re just starting to incorporate these tips into
your day, don’t get discouraged if your energy level doesn’t bounce back
It may take a week or so for your body to become
acclimated, but once it does, you will discover that you feel much
better and have more energy throughout the day.
You won’t have to dread the afternoon slump anymore!
Read enough about
maintain energy and want to discover more about better life with pomegranate?