Eating Health Promoting Foods Helps the Body Fight Disease
What does it mean to eat a diet of health promoting foods? Healthy
foods are foods that help the body fight disease and help keep your body
functioning properly, plain and simple.
Recommended Foods for Ultimate Health
So what should you eat to get and stay healthy?
- Antioxidant packed foods – pomegranate fruit, blueberries,
blackberries, strawberries, beans, pumpkins, grapes, carrots, and prunes
to name a few
- Foods high in phytochemicals – these are natural compounds in foods
like tomatoes, vegetables, green tea, and fruits like pomegranates
- High fiber foods – fiber helps the body keep the waste moving
through as it should and helps keep you from becoming backed up or
constipated. Foods that are high in fiber include flax seed, oats,
pomegranate and other fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Cancer-fighting foods – pomegranates, mushrooms, onions, and blueberries are just a few foods that can help fight cancer
- Prebiotics and probiotics – foods that contain inulin and natural
probiotics are known for fighting disease and giving the immune system a
- Foods with Omega 3 fatty acids – Omega 3s can help prevent heart
disease, promote healthy joints, prevent inflammation, and more. Eat
salmon, cabbage, soybeans, scallops, collard greens, and tofu to get
good doses of Omega 3s
Additional Foods to Fight Disease
Still other foods beneficial for fighting disease include
nuts, legumes, kale, cauliflower, mustard seeds, Brussels sprouts,
halibut, and tuna to name a few.
This is not a comprehensive list of foods you should
eat to stay healthy, but it can help get you started toward eating more
health promoting foods and giving your body what it needs for energy.
Eating foods that are high in antioxidants, fiber,
Omega 3s, and phytochemicals can give your body what it needs to fight
cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol and the possibility of having a
stroke. Eating healthy does matter!
Image: Piyachok Thawornmat / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Read enough about
health promoting foods and want to discover more about better life with pomegranate?
Amazing Pomegranate Health Benefits